Surgical Services @ Quinte Health Care
Are you booked for a surgical procedure at a QHC hospital? If so, you may require a COVID-19 test 2 days before your procedure.
- This decision will be made during your pre-surgical assessment phone call. The nurse will ask you screening questions and refer you for a COVID-19 test if you require one.
- If you do need COVID testing, you will receive a call from the COVID-19 assessment centre to book your swab. The swab must be completed 2 days before your surgical date. If you were told you needed a COVID swab have not received a call 3 days before your surgery please call 613-961-5544.
Quinte Health Care provides surgical services at three of our hospitals- Belleville General Hospital (BGH), Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital (PECMH) and Trenton Memorial Hospital (TMH). All inpatient surgeries (ones requiring a hospital stay afterward) are performed at Belleville General Hospital. Outpatient surgeries are done at Trenton Memorial Hospital and Belleville General Hospital. In addition, a very active endoscopy program is provided at Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and Belleville General Hospital.
There are currently seven surgical suites across QHC where urology, general surgery, orthopaedics, dentistry, ENT, gynaecology, and ophthalmology surgical procedures are performed. About 10,000 surgical procedures are carried out every year.
Looking for more information on:
- Hip Replacement Surgery- click here
- Knee Replacement Surgery- click here
- Endoscopy services at BGH or PECMH- click here
- Symptom management/palliative care- click here
- Breastfeeding after an anesthetic
- Bundled Care in Surgery - click here