Clinical Extern - Temporary Part-Time Contract - BG
Nursing Clinical Externs at Quinte Health are nursing students nearing the end of their education who are supported by a supervising nurse and work as unregulated health care providers to assist nurses in providing patient care. Working as a Clinical Extern at Quinte Health will allow you to apply nursing theory and knowledge you’ve gained so far to further develop your nursing competencies as you complete your education.
• Enrolled in a Registered Nursing Program (RN) and entering the 3rd or 4th year of the Program or Enrolled in a Registered Practical Nursing Program (RPN) and entering the final year of the Program
• Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs) who have initiated registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), have
received a CNO letter of direction and meet one of the following:
o are in any year of study in a CNO approved program, such as a BScN-IEN
program, PN-IEN program, or
o are completing a micro-credential plan with a curriculum to meet the CNO
requirements for registration (e.g., Standards of Practice for nursing, Entry-to-Practice Competencies, Evidence of Safe Practice, Evidence of English Language Proficiency) or
o have completed their educational requirements (e.g., BScN-IEN/PN-IEN program or micro-credentialing) and are waiting to write their registration exam.
• Current CPR or BLS certificate
• Recent experience in acute care is preferred.
• Evidence of good academic standing including one professional or academic nursing reference
• Capable of coping with a physically demanding workload. (Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) available to review)
Interested - Apply today!