Stroke - Stroke Prevention Clinic
Four Stroke Prevention Clinics have been established through the Ontario Stroke System throughout Southeastern Ontario. The clinics are located in Kingston, Brockville, Perth and Belleville and their role includes:
Provision for streamlined access to diagnostic testing, optimal medical and surgical management and counseling in lifestyle change to reduce stroke-risk for those at highest risk of stroke (e.g. recent transient ischemic attack);
- Provision for an integrated, comprehensive, inter-disciplinary approach to stroke prevention and case management for these high-risk patients;
- Facilitative planning and implementation of primary and secondary stroke prevention strategies for the respective area of the region;
- Collaboration and partnership with primary care, acute care, stroke rehabilitation, community care access centres and other stake-holders in planning regional stroke prevention strategies.
Quinte Health - Belleville General Hospital (Sills 2 Wing)
265 Dundas St East,
Belleville, ON K8N 3A9
Main office - (613) 969-7400 ext. 2871
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Please click here for referral form. Fax referral forms to (613) 961-2544.
To reach the Integrated Stroke and Rehabilitation Unit (Inpatient unit), please call (613) 969-7400, ext. 2300
Stroke - District Stroke Centre
Quinte Health has been designated a District Stroke Centre under the Ontario Stroke System. The role of the District Stroke Centre is to:
- Provide organized stroke prevention and care to those residing in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties;
- Provide leadership and work with stakeholders to achieve integrated stroke care throughout Hastings and Prince Edward Counties;
- Work with the Regional Stroke Centre and other partners to provide leadership in coordinating stroke care throughout its catchment area and across the continuum of care;
- Participate in ongoing education and training in stroke care and provide coordinated stroke services based on best practices and evidence.
Melissa Roblin, Stroke Resource Nurse, (613) 969-7400 ext. 2663, email@example.com
Isobel Manzer, District Stroke Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about stroke.
Stroke Education Videos:
Swallowing and Communication After Stroke
Adjustment After Stroke - The Patient and Caregiver
Function for Daily Living After Stroke