Stroke - District Stroke Centre
Quinte Health Care has been designated a District Stroke Centre under the Ontario Stroke System. The role of the District Stroke Centre is to:
- Provide organized stroke prevention and care to those residing in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties;
- Provide leadership and work with stakeholders to achieve integrated stroke care throughout Hastings and Prince Edward Counties;
- Work with the Regional Stroke Centre and other partners to provide leadership in co-ordinating stroke care throughout its catchment area and across the continuum of care;
- Participate in ongoing education and training in stroke care and provide co-ordinated stroke services based on best practices and evidence.
Stroke - Stroke Prevention Clinic
Four Stroke Prevention Clinics have been established through the Ontario Stroke System throughout Southeastern Ontario. The clinics are located in Kingston, Brockville, Perth and Belleville and their role includes:
Provision for streamlined access to diagnostic testing, optimal medical and surgical management and counseling in lifestyle change to reduce stroke-risk for those at highest risk of stroke (e.g. recent transient ischemic attack);
- Provision for an integrated, comprehensive, inter-disciplinary approach to stroke prevention and case management for these high-risk patients;
- Facilitative planning and implementation of primary and secondary stroke prevention strategies for the respective area of the region;
- Collaboration and partnership with primary care, acute care, stroke rehabilitation, community care access centres and other stake-holders in planning regional stroke prevention strategies.
Quinte District Stroke Prevention Clinic Quinte Health Care - Belleville General Site (613) 969-7400, extension 2871
For a copy of the referral form click here. Fax completed form to (613)961-2544