Patients are strongly reminded that they must tell their care team if they have household members who are ill with a respiratory illness, or if they themselves are ill with respiratory symptoms. This helps to keep our care teams and other patients safe.
Visitors and care partners must not visit our hospitals if they have ANY symptoms of a respiratory illness, vomiting or diarrhea. Additionally, Public Health Ontario requires that anyone with a COVID infection does not visit patients in the hospital for a period of 10 days from onset of symptoms or positive test.
All care partners and visitors must:
- Wear a medical mask at all times (masks available at entrances)
- Make every reasonable effort to maintain physical distancing space
- Complete hand hygiene frequently
- Remain with the patient you are in the hospital to support and refrain from moving about within the hospital
- Refrain from eating or drinking in the patient’s room.
More info about our visiting policy: https://www.qhc.on.ca/visiting-hours-p12.php