Effective January 16, 2021
Quinte Health Care is Further Restricting Visiting
With the current provincial restrictions and stay-at-home orders, Quinte Health Care has determined that now is the time for its four hospitals to move from Phase 2 (YELLOW) to Phase 3 (RED) of our “Care Partner and Visiting During COVID-19 Policy”, effective Saturday, January 16.
With this change, QHC is prohibiting visitors (except if a patient is imminently dying) and is further limiting care partners. A visitor is defined as someone who provides social support. A care partner is defined as a loved one and advocate who provides ongoing and essential social, emotional and physical support to a patient. A care partner is identified by the patient and provided identification by QHC.
Some of the more significant changes as we move from YELLOW to RED include:
- Long stay patients are allowed 1 consistent care partner (instead of 1 care partner at a time)
- Low acuity, short stay patients are no longer allowed a care partner (instead of 1 consistent care partner)
- Patients imminently dying or critically unstable (ED/ICU) are allowed 1 care partner or visitor at a time (instead of 2)
- Palliative patients (death not imminent) are allowed 1 consistent care partner (instead of 1 care partner at a time)
- Stable ICU patients are no longer allowed a care partner (instead of 1 consistent care partner)
For more information about these changes, please visit QHC’s website -https://www.qhc.on.ca/visiting-hours-p12.php
Effective Saturday January 16, QHC will also be closing the Belleville General Hospital Emergency Entrance to anyone other than patients seeking emergency care. As the number of patients coming into the Belleville General Hospital Emergency Department with COVID-19 symptoms continues to increase, this move will help to ensure that those who are symptomatic have as limited contact as possible with others entering or exiting the hospital.
Non-Emergency patients are asked to enter through the WCA entrance, which is open Monday-Friday 6 a.m. – 4 p.m., or the Sills Entrance, which is open 24/7.
Care partners accompanying an emergency department patient can enter through the Emergency entrance (if the patient meets the criteria to have a care partner – please refer to QHC's Care Partner and Visiting Policy). All other permitted care partners and visitors are asked to enter through the Sills entrance.