Quinte Health Care’s COVID-19 outbreak numbers can be viewed on the Hastings Prince Edward Public Health (HPEPH) COVID-19 Dashboard.
Update - May 16, 2022
- There is a COVID outbreak on Quinte 6 at Belleville General Hospital. Care partners on that unit are restricted to essential only and will be determined case-by-case. Any care partners permitted must undergo rapid antigen testing at the screening station (including those who are vaccinated).
The following control measures are in place at Quinte Health Care:
- Active daily screening of staff and all patients for COVID-19 symptoms
- Mandatory vaccination of staff – All staff and physicians are required to be fully vaccinated (two doses); booster vaccines have also been broadly distributed through a series of in-hospital clinics, further reducing the risk of infection and spread.
- Mandatory use of appropriate PPE – All staff and physicians are expected to pay strict attention to PPE requirements throughout the hospital.
- Due to high community prevalence of COVID, ALL inpatient care partners, regardless of vaccination status, will undergo Rapid Antigen Testing at the screening station.
- Cohorting of COVID positive or suspect patients – Any patients identified suspected, probable or confirmed COVID positive patients are being co-located in a COVID-designated area, or isolated in place.
- Strict adherence to thorough hand hygiene practices
- Enhanced environmental cleaning – Increased cleaning on units and increased cleaning of equipment shared between patient rooms.
Quinte Health Care’s hospitals remain fully operational and are a safe place to receive care. QHC’s Care Partner and Visiting Policy remains at Phase 2 (Yellow Level).