In addition to the previously announced precautions (available on the COVID-19 section of the QHC website), we are implementing the following:
Maternity Patients to call unit prior to coming to Quinte 7: Effective immediately we are asking that all pregnant patients please call the Maternal Child Unit at QHC (613-969-7400 extension 2345) prior to coming to Quinte 7 at QHC Belleville General Hospital *for any reason*. This includes reasons such as when you feel you may be in labour or your membranes may have ruptured. This will allow the health care team to pre-screen you and direct you to the best place for care and will allow the team to be prepared to ensure the safety of our patients. Click here for more information for Q7 patients.
- Postponing elective surgeries and other non-emergent clinical activity: Yesterday, following consultation with the Ontario Hospital Association (OHA), the Ministry of Health asked Ontario hospitals to take a planned approach to carefully ramping down elective surgeries and other non-emergent clinical activity. Our team is currently reviewing the services and will be reaching out directly to patients impacted in the coming days.
- Limiting visitors: We are asking for the public’s cooperation as we further limit visiting at QHC hospitals. In an effort to reduce the flow of people throughout QHC hospitals, visitors will only be allowed to enter our hospitals on an exceptional basis – for example for compassionate reasons (i.e. visiting palliative patients or certain ICU patients) or partners in care (i.e. one support person for patients in labour). Allowed visitors must not be exhibiting symptoms of the flu or respiratory illness and must perform hand hygiene with soap and water or alcohol based hand rub before and after visiting a patient.
- Reducing access to hospitals: Effective tomorrow (March 17), the following entrances will be the only ones in use. Greeting stations will be set up at the open entrances to help reinforce these changes.
- QHC Belleville General Hospital – Emergency department entrance for emergency patients and the Charlotte Sills Wing entrance for all other patients.
- QHC Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital - Emergency department entrance for all patients.
- QHC North Hastings Hospital – Main entrance of hospital (access to hospital through the Manor will be closed off).
- QHC Trenton Memorial Hospital – Emergency department entrance for all patients.
- Health records: Health Records is temporarily not permitting patients into the department to request/pick up records. Anyone wishing to inquire about obtaining records for patient care should call: 613-969-7400 and dial ext. 2280 for QHC Belleville General Hospital, ext. 5848 for QHC Trenton Memorial Hospital, ext. 4259 for QHC Prince Edward Memorial Hospital and ext. 6225 for QHC North Hastings Hospital. Records can be faxed or sent through regular mail.
We understand that these changes may be inconvenient to members of our community. We sincerely appreciate everyone’s understanding and commitment to adhering to these changes to help keep our patients and our teams safe.
Communications and Organizational Development
Quinte Health Care
Office: 613-969-7400 ext. 2689