Job Title: Physician Assistant
Salary: $42.80 - $52.24/Hour
Job Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 8-12 hour shifts, including weekends
Union: Non Bargaining
The PA (Physician Assistant) is a highly skilled healthcare professional functioning in a physician extender role to support our acute patients in the Medicine Program. The PA practices to their full scope under the internal and family medicine physician team, with support from the larger interprofessional team.
The PA identifies solutions for complex healthcare issues for patients within Belleville General Hospital and/or Trenton Memorial Hospital’s acute medicine units. The PA is responsible for assessments, diagnoses, formulating treatment plans, documentation, ordering and interpreting tests, prescribing pharmaceuticals and performing procedures within the legislated scope of practice.
In addition to direct clinical care, the PA engages in continuous quality improvement, promotes the use of research and evidence-based practice, facilitates system change, and supports staff development through coaching and/or professional development opportunities. The PA demonstrates strong communication skills, champions person and family centered-care, advocates for vulnerable patients and their caregivers, and provides support and education to the interprofessional team.
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant studies
- Canadian Association of Physician Assistants (CAPA) Certificate of Registration in good standing or eligibility
- Accredited Physician Assistant
- Current CPR or BCLS certificate
- Ability to perform all specialized functions (Delegated Medical Acts) in the clinical service area
- Certification relative to area of work is preferred
Canadian Armed Forces releasing member and veteran Physician Assistants are encouraged to apply. Quinte Health is proud to employ, work with and provide care to CAF members and veterans.