Services & Clinics

Facebook   Twitter  YouTube

Know Where to Go

Do you live and Hastings and Prince Edward Counties but don't have a family doctor or nurse practitioner? When your health concern isn't an emergency, it can be challenging to 'know where to go' to get the medical care you and your loved ones need. 

Consider your health situation and review the options below to help you decide where to seek care. Please refer to this helpful infographic to determine if the Emergency Department is the right place to receive care based on the symptoms you are experiencing.  

If you need non-emergency medical assistance, you have many options:

  1. Contact your primary care provider (family doctor or nurse practitioner).
  2. Visit Health Connect Ontario - 24 hours a day, seven days a week to get health advice, help navigate health services and find information.
  3. Visit one of the Local Walk-In Clinics in our communities (please note: Bayview Medical Clinic has closed as of May 2023). Great Lakes Walk-In Clinic Belleville has an on-site physician available Mon-Fri. 9:30am to 4pm.
  4. Use a virtual care option: CoverHealthTiaHealth.comTelus - many of these options are OHIP-covered
  5. If you have an urgent medication refill, speak with your pharmacist. They can often provide short-term refills and other advice.
  6. Visit a Local Pharmacy to receive prescriptions for 13 common ailments, at no cost to you:
    • hay fever (allergic rhinitis)
    • oral thrush (candidal stomatitis)
    • pink eye (conjunctivitis; bacterial, allergic and viral)
    • dermatitis (atopic, eczema, allergic and contact)
    • menstrual cramps (dysmenorrhea)
    • acid reflux (gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD))
    • hemorrhoids
    • cold sores (herpes labialis)
    • impetigo
    • insect bites and hives
    • tick bites (post-exposure prophylaxis to prevent Lyme disease)
    • sprains and strains (musculoskeletal)
    • urinary tract infections (UTIs)
  7. If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and require emergency intervention, contact the Crisis Intervention Centre 
  8. If you don't have a family doctor and would like to register for one - Health Care Connect
  9. For community supports and social services, call 2-1-1 or visit