For information on COVID-19 Testing in our area, click here.
We know that during COVID-19, other health emergencies happen. Click here for a guide on when to go to the nearest Emergency Department.
Keeping our patients safe
Your urgent health concerns that are not related to COVID-19 still need to be addressed during the pandemic. We’re taking extra precautions at Quinte Health hospitals to ensure you stay safe. Please don’t put off receiving the important medical care that you require. Some of our safety precautions include:
- All care partners/visitors and patients are required to wear a medical-grade mask while in our hospitals. Masks are supplied at hospital entrances.
- Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 is separated from others.
- Hand sanitizer is available at our hospital doors, throughout corridors and in clinical areas.
- We are adhering to stringent cleaning protocols, thoroughly disinfecting all areas of our hospitals and all equipment between patients.
- In an effort to reduce the flow of people throughout our hospitals, visitor restrictions are in effect.
- Hospital staff and physicians are instructed not to come to work if they are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms. We are following public health guidance regarding health care workers returning to work after symptom resolution and/or COVID-19 testing.
- Some physicians are offering virtual care options so patients can receive care from the comfort and safety of their own home.
As always, but even more so right now, the importance of hand hygiene cannot be stressed enough. Please also adhere to proper cough etiquette.
- Visitor and entrance restrictions have been implemented at Quinte Health hospitals. Click here to find out more.
- Health Records is temporarily not permitting patients into the department to request/pick up records. Anyone wishing to inquire about obtaining records for patient care should call: 613-969-7400 and dial ext. 2280 for Belleville General Hospital, ext. 5848 for Trenton Memorial Hospital, ext. 4259 for Prince Edward Memorial Hospital and ext. 6225 for North Hastings Hospital. Records can be faxed or sent through regular mail.