We know that during COVID-19, other health emergencies happen. Click here for a guide on when to go to the nearest Emergency Department.
Keeping our patients safe
Your urgent health concerns that are not related to COVID-19 still need to be addressed during the pandemic. We’re taking extra precautions at QHC’s four hospitals to ensure you stay safe. Please don’t put off receiving the important medical care that you require. Some of our safety precautions include:
- Everyone who enters our hospitals is screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Screeners at the door will ask questions about symptoms, ensure hand sanitizer is used, and provide a cloth mask to those who do not have one. Please click here for more information about masking at QHC hospitals.
- Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 is separated from others.
- We are providing the necessary space and blocking off chairs in waiting rooms to ensure effective social distancing.
- Patients, visitors and staff in clinical areas are required to wear masks to ensure that COVID-19 is not being spread.
- Hand sanitizer is available at our hospital doors, throughout corridors and in clinical areas.
- We are adhering to stringent cleaning protocols, thoroughly disinfecting all areas of our hospitals and all equipment between patients.
- In an effort to reduce the flow of people throughout our hospitals, very few visitors are allowed.
- Hospital staff and physicians are instructed not to come to work if they are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms. We are following public health guidance regarding health care workers returning to work after symptom resolution and/or COVID-19 testing.
- Some physicians are offering virtual care options so patients can receive care from the comfort and safety of their own home.
As always, but even more so right now, the importance of hand hygiene cannot be stressed enough. Please also adhere to proper cough etiquette.
- The Ministry of Health has directed that non-emergent outpatient activity and elective surgeries be postponed. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. Patients will be contacted once services resume.
- Visitor and entrance restrictions have been implemented at QHC hospitals. Click here to find out about Visitor Restrictions to QHC Hospitals.
- Heightened precautions for the Maternal Child Unit, including visitor restrictions. Click here to read more.
- Health Records is temporarily not permitting patients into the department to request/pick up records. Anyone wishing to inquire about obtaining records for patient care should call: 613-969-7400 and dial ext. 2280 for QHC Belleville General Hospital, ext. 5848 for QHC Trenton Memorial Hospital, ext. 4259 for QHC Prince Edward Memorial Hospital and ext. 6225 for QHC North Hastings Hospital. Records can be faxed or sent through regular mail.
- The Quinte Children's Treatment Centre has temporarily discontinued all in-person appointments including preschool speech and language services. Click here for more information.
- All in-hospital volunteer activity at QHC hospitals has been temporarily suspended in order to minimize the risk to our dedicated volunteers and to further reduce the number of individuals coming in and out of the hospitals at this time.