Services & Clinics

Facebook   Twitter  YouTube

Health Records

The Health Records office is temporarily closed to the public. We apologize for any inconvenience. Patients wishing to obtain medical records, please complete the authorization form and email to or fax or directly to the applicable hospital site listed below. Once the request is complete, we will contact you to arrange payment via credit card and your information will be mailed to you.

Contact information for release of information at Quinte Health:

Quinte Health – Belleville General Hospital
265 Dundas Street East
Belleville, ON  K8N 5A9
613-969-7400 ext 2280
Fax:  613-969-0750

Quinte Health –Trenton Memorial Hospital
242 King Street
Trenton, ON  K8V 5S6
613-392-2541 ext 5509
Fax: 613-965-6313

Quinte Health – Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital
403 Main Street East
Picton, ON  K0K 2T0
613-476-2181  ext. 4259
Fax: 613-961-7501

Quinte Health – North Hastings Hospital
1H Manor Lane
P.O. Box 157
Bancroft, ON  K0L 1C0
613-332-2825  ext. 6225
Fax:  613-332-3847


Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a copy of my health record OR the health record of another individual?

Consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal health information is obtained from the patient, regardless of age, if the patient is capable of understanding the information presented to them and the impact of consenting or declining.  If the patient is not capable, consent is obtained from the Substitute Decision Maker who can be:

  • The patient’s guardian of the person or guardian for property
  • The patient’s attorney for personal care or attorney for property
  • The patient’s representative appointed by the Consent and Capacity Board
  • The patient’s spouse or partner
  • A child or parent of the patient
  • A parent of the individual with only a right of access
  • A brother or sister; or
  • Any other relative

The capable patient’s decision prevails with respect to consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal health information. We require supporting documentation/proof of substitute decision maker.

You can obtain a copy of your own personal health records by submitting an authorization form to the Health Records department with the applicable fee. Click here for the mailing address and fax number for each of our hospitals.

Please note: As per our retention policy, all medical records 30 years and older are no longer available.

How Do I Access Diagnostic Images?

There are 2 ways to access your images:

1. Pocket Health is a means for patients to access and share their images and reports with any health care professional. 

Rather than requesting a CD copy and returning at a later date to retrieve it, patients can now access their images online via Pocket Health.  Patients can ensure their images are getting to any physician, anywhere, by easily sharing a URL link via email or fax, or they can upload their images to a USB or CD and bring them to their appointment.

2. You can submit a consent to release information form to have images released to you specifically, or to a specialist.

Is there a fee to obtain my medical record?

Yes. Fees are collected for processing purposes, which include retrieval and photocopying. For a complete list of fees, please see health records fee schedule. Please forward all payments for records, payable to "Quinte Health", directly to our Finance Department located at Belleville General Hospital. 

Belleville General Hospital: 613-969-7400 ext. 2280
Trenton Memorial Hospital: 613-392-2541 ext. 5509
Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital: 613-476-2181 ext. 4259
North Hastings Hospital: 613-332-2825 ext. 6225

How do I obtain a copy of the health record of a deceased individual?

If you are requesting a copy of the hospital record of a deceased patient, you must submit proof of your legal authority as well as an authorization form to the Health Records department.

You must provide either:

  • A copy of the deceased person’s Will naming you as the Executor or,
  • In the absence of a Will, a letter notarized by a lawyer to confirm your legal signing authority.

Please note: As per our retention policy, all medical records 30 years and older are no longer available.

How do I obtain a copy of my health record for other health care providers?

When requested, copies of your health record may be released to health care providers outside the hospital to ensure the best continuing care for you. Your attending physician at the other hospital may also share reports and summaries of your treatment at the hospital with other physicians and health care providers involved in your care to ensure they are aware of treatments or medications that may affect your ongoing care. 

Written Requests

To avoid delay, please make sure that all information is completed on the authorization form, ensuring that it is dated, signed by you and witnessed by another individual.

How do I obtain a copy of my health record for a third party?

For your protection, a copy of a health record will not be released to third parties without your written authorization.

You can request that a copy of your hospital health record be released to a lawyer, insurance company, or any other third party specified by you, by having the third party submit a written request with your original authorization and prepayment to the Health Records department.

How do I access my time of birth or proof of birth?

Quinte Health does NOT issue birth certificates.  To obtain a copy of your birth certificate, please contact The Office of the Registrar General at 416-325-8305.  However, we can provide you with a letter stating that you were born at Quinte Health.  To receive this letter, you must complete our Proof of Birth form

On this form, please include your mother’s date of birth, first name and last name at the time of your birth.  The completed form (with applicable fee) must be signed, dated, witnessed and mailed/returned to Quinte Health with the applicable fee

Time of Birth Request Form
Proof of Birth Request Form

Please note: As per our retention policy, all medical records 30 years and older are no longer available. 

Can I copy the records myself?

Charts cannot be removed from hospital property and can only be copied by Health Records personnel.

Where is my health record stored?

The Health Records Department at each of Quinte Health's four hospitals have storage at their site and maintain health records for their respective site.