COVID-19 Cases at QHC Hospitals Only
Last update: 4/7/2020 1:30pm
Total number of confirmed COVID-19 inpatients – 1
Total number if inpatients under investigation for COVID-19 – 9
How many new confirmed COVID-19 inpatients were admitted in the last 24 hours – 0
How many new patients under investigation for COVID-19 were admitted in the last 24 hours - 5
For total cases in our community, please visit Hastings Prince Edward Public Health
The 2019 novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
COVID-19 is a unique strain of a common virus that is responsible for many colds and respiratory infections. Symptoms of this illness have ranged from mild cold-like symptoms to severe illness with fever, cough, difficulty breathing and pneumonia. The Public Health Agency of Canada is recommending that travellers avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada. Those that have returned from travel outside of Canada, are to self-isolate for 14 days.
Have symptoms of COVID-19? Don’t go anywhere yet. Stay away from others.
- If you are able, do the online assessment.
- Call your Health Care provider or the Hastings Prince Edward Public Health at 613-966-5500; TTY 711; 1-800-267-2803 or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000. 80% of people with this virus have mild to moderate symptoms, need to isolate themselves at home, and do not need to be tested for the virus.
- Your Health Care provider, Public Health or Telehealth Ontario will either refer you to your local assessment centre or have you call the central COVID-19 Assessment Centre (CAC) hotline at 613-961-5544 to seek additional care after being screened. Phone lines are answered between 11am and 7pm, 7 days/week.
- Individuals deemed to have moderate symptoms will be scheduled for a virtual consultation with a doctor (either over the phone or online) or scheduled for an on-site appointment at a local COVID-19 Assessment Centre (CAC). Not all appointments at a CAC will result in swabbing/testing – only those meeting the Ministry of Health criteria may be swabbed.
- Individuals deemed to have severe symptoms, requiring hospital-level care, will be sent to the hospital.
Are you looking for general information about COVID-19 including symptoms, tips for self-isolation or number of cases locally, please click here to visit the Hastings Prince Edward Public Health website.
Quinte Health Care is taking a number of precautions to help minimize the risk to our patients, our team, and our community. This includes screening individuals as they come into the hospitals. To find out the actions taken by QHC including visitor restrictions, impact to services such as the cancellation of in-person appointments at the Children's Treatment Centre, and the temporary suspension of volunteer activity within the hospital - please visit the "Hospital specific information page".
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Donations - Quinte Health Care is facing a shortage of Personal Protective Equipment (including goggles, face shields, masks, gloves and gowns). If you have have some that you are willing to donate, please contact the hospital at 613-438-4394 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Making cloth masks for our hospitals - If you would like to sew cloth masks for our hospitals, please visit www.funwithstitches.com for pattern information. They are collecting masks for QHC at their store: 1963 Old Hwy 2, Belleville.