Patient care services provided at the Dr. Douglas A. MacIntosh Cancer Clinic includes diagnosis, care planning, treatment, follow-up, emotional support, and pain and symptom management.
Patients that may require radiation treatment will be referred to a regional cancer program. The team works closely with the patient/family to help navigate the cancer system locally and regionally.
Our patients are cared for by a dedicated health care team, including a medical oncologist (cancer specialist), pharmacists, registered nurses, registered dietitians, spiritual health care practitioners, volunteers, and a pain and symptom management nurse consultant.
Our medical oncologists:
Clinic Hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. The clinic is closed weekends and holidays. Contact number for the clinic: 613-969-7400 ext. 2442.
Important information for patients and their loved ones coming to the clinic ( click here for a printer-friendly brochure)
- Each clinic visit, we ask that you please bring: 1) an up-to-date list of medications including names, dosage and schedule and 2) appointment journal listing specialist appointments, diagnostic tests, etc.
- If requested, please ensure your blood work is done prior to coming to the clinic as instructed at your last visit.
Book your lab appointment here:
Book an appointment
- You are invited to bring a list of questions with you.
- We encourage you to bring one family member or friend with you for support. This is especially important during your first clinic and treatment appointments.
- Beverages and snacks are available for patients, which are donated by community organizations. You are welcome to bring a lunch with you. Snacks and meals are available for purchase at the retail service venues located at the hospital including the BGH Auxiliary's Aroma Cafe and Tuck Shop as well as Tim Horton's.
- Visitors are restricted from eating or drinking in the chemotherapy treatment area.
- Children and pregnant women are not permitted in the chemotherapy treatment area.
- Wait times can be lengthy. We encourage you to bring your own reading material.
Important phone numbers for your care:
- LifeLabs: 1-877-849-3637
- Canadian Cancer Society: 1-888-939-3333, Transportation: (613) 962-0686
- South East Community Care Access Centre (Home Care Services): (613) 966-3530
- Radiation Oncology Kingston Appointment Desk: 1-800-567-5722 ext. 4510
- After hours contacts: your home care nurse or your family physician
- For urgent matters, please go to your closest Emergency Department.
Other information about coming to hospital:
- QHC is a reduced scent environment. Please refrain from wearing scented products to the hospital.
- For directions and parking- please click here
- We value patient feedback. Please click here to provide your feedback.