Clinical Assistant – International Medical Graduate
Are you an International Medical Graduate (IMG) looking to practice medicine in a dynamic, in-patient setting while enjoying great work/life balance? If so, we would love to get to know you. As a Clinical Assistant at Quinte Health, you will:
- Practice at the full scope of a physician extender while maintaining a manageable load that allows you to provide high-quality, person-centered care
- Be embedded in a collaborative and supportive interprofessional team with fellow providers, the internal and family medicine team, specialties and subspecialties
- Care for and guide patients experiencing a wide variety of diagnoses, and their families, through their in-patient journey
- Access a variety of hospital resources to provide comprehensive and highly coordinated care to your patients
- Enjoy autonomy and flexibility to determine how each day will flow based on your caseload, the needs of your patients, and their families and caregivers
- Gain the clinical experience you need to take your next step toward becoming a credentialed Canadian physician or physician assistant, while being immersed in a team of current and past IMGs practicing as family and internal medicine physicians and clinical assistants
In your time off, you will live where others vacation, with direct access to all the Bay of Quinte and Prince Edward County have to offer.
- Enjoy the summer on or near the water: great boating, cycling, golf and endless beaches
- Hit the slopes, cross-country ski, skate and snowmobile picturesque country trails
- Immerse yourself in the thriving arts and culture scene
- Tour countless wineries and breweries in the Bay of Quinte and Prince Edward County
- Explore Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa or Montreal in a short commute
We are creating a new model of care in hospital medicine and are looking for clinical providers that want to help shape the future. This new model is based on enhanced collaboration between physicians and highly skilled International Medical Graduates like you.
Ready to lead change and become part of something new? Apply today!