Quinte Health Care (QHC), Belleville General Site, Belleville Ontario is seeking a Neurologist/ Internal Medicine Generalist/ or Family Practitioner for the Quinte Health Care Stroke Prevention Clinic. The Stroke Prevention Clinic currently runs 4-5 days/week. Quinte Health Care is seeking one or more physicians to fill this full time position.
- Triage of referrals for clinic consultation in collaboration with the Stroke Prevention Clinic Nurse Coordinator, according to current triage framework/criteria
- New consultations on patients referred for stroke or TIA symptoms (from either ER or Primary Care) – including stroke risk assessment, medication management, behavior modification
- Follow up evaluations of discharged patients who have had a stroke to confirm appropriate ongoing medical management on transition to the community
- Follow referral process to redirect patients requiring acute neurosurgical intervention to Kingston General Hospital
- Maintain established relationship with radiology in acquiring and interpreting diagnostic testing as it relates to stroke risk patients
- Create a plan of care for patients based on diagnostic procedures.
- Participate in educational activities where possible for nurses, allied heal professionals, and medical residents.
QHC catchment area extends through Hastings, Prince Edward and southeast Northumberland counties and it provides primary and secondary hospital services. Each QHC site is connected to and supports the others; all are focused on providing quality, family-centered care. Our acute care hospital sites are located in Bancroft, Belleville (where Stroke Prevention Clinic is located), Picton and Quinte West – outlining 7,000 square kilometers of the most diverse and beautiful countryside in Ontario. From the lakes of Bancroft down to the wine country of Prince Edward County and through the Belleville/Quinte West/Brighton corridor, almost every lifestyle interest can be found within the communities served by QHC.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward curriculum vitae and the names of three referees to:
Quinte Health Care have an employment equity program, welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.