A new CT scanner at Quinte Health Care Belleville General Hospital (QHC BGH) is expected to be in operation by the end of September. There is reduced parking in the Emergency parking lot at QHC BGH in order to accommodate a temporary mobile CT trailer.
Note: *Outpatients requiring a CT scan are being redirected to QHC TMH. The temporary mobile CT unit will be used for QHC BGH, PECMH and NHH Emergency and inpatients starting Tuesday, August 9 (not August 5 as previously communicated).
The CT scanner at Belleville General Hospital is beyond its life expectancy and is being replaced. A mobile CT trailer will be set up in the Emergency parking lot (similar to the image shown) for approximately 8 weeks. The mobile unit will provide service while the existing CT room undergoes renovations and the new CT scanner is installed and tested.
Important details to note:
- Starting August 4 through to the end of September, BGH will accommodate ER and inpatients requiring a CT scan from QHC BGH, QHC North Hastings Hospital and QHC Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital. Outpatient scans that would normally be performed at QHC BGH will be performed at QHC Trenton Memorial Hospital during this time period.
- TMH will have extended hours: 08:00 to 18:00 hrs Monday to Friday, and will offer weekend appointments from 08:00 to 16:00 excluding Labour day weekend in order to accommodate the extra volume of outpatients requiring a CT scan.
- Oncology patients will be imaged at QHC TMH. Any urgent requests will be accommodated within 5 business days.
- The number of parking spaces in the BGH Emergency parking lot will be reduced by approximately 8 spaces until the end of September.
- The three accessible parking spaces that are located by the parking machine in the Emergency lot will be temporarily moved to the opposite side of the parking lot (will maintain as close proximity to the entrance as possible).
- When the Emergency parking lot is full, the next closest lot is the WCA parking lot. When patients enter through the WCA entrance, they can take the elevator to level 1 and follow the signs to Emergency or Imaging.
The new CT scanner, which was made possible thanks to generous donations from The City of Belleville, the people in our community and through the BGH Foundation, is expected to be in operation by the end of September.
Susanne Anderson – Orychock
Communications Consultant, Quinte Health Care
Phone: 613-969-7400 ext. 2677