Maternal Child Program
We provide state-of-the-art health care in obstetrical, postpartum, paediatric and neonatal inpatient and ambulatory services at Quinte Health Care. We are pleased to assist women and their families during the birth of about 1,500 babies per year. To support our clients and staff, certified lactation consultants are also part of our team.
For labour and delivery patients, please visit our informative "Having a baby at QHC" section. Our social worker and nursing staff have assembled information from what to bring to hospital, where to access prenatal and breastfeeding information, to helpful links and community resources for postpartum support.
QHC Belleville General (Quinte 7)
- 11 LBRP (Labour, Birth, Recovery, Post-Partum) rooms, also known as "Birthing" rooms, allowing the entire birth experience to occur in a single room, with enough space to accommodate family members
- 2 additional antepartum paediatric rooms (with 5 beds)
- operating room for caesarian sections
- high-risk room for difficult deliveries
- two specialized nurseries (one for paediatrics and a second for high-risk newborns)
- 6 paediatric patient care rooms
- 6 cribbed paediatric nursery
- 1 care-by-parent room
- paediatric play room
- procedure room for paediatric patients
Sophisticated lighting, communications, infant and child security systems, heat recovery, and air handling systems, piped nitrous oxide, clinical equipment housed out of sight in wall cabinets, and point of care technology are some of the state-of-the-art features on Quinte 7.