Family Medicine - Bancroft
Family Medicine Opportunities – North Hastings
Our CommunityBancroft and the surrounding North Hastings area is the major economic centre for the northern half of Hastings County. The community has a permanent population of 3,500, although it can draw over 40,000 residents in the busy summer months and it services a catchment area of 13,000 year round. Bancroft is situated along highway 62 (approximately 2.5 hours from Ottawa and Toronto). Bancroft is an amazing a four seasons playground!
To learn more about the community please visit: www.north-hastings.com.
OpportunitiesPhysicians can enjoy comprehensive rural medicine which may include:
- Community Medicine
- House calls
- Long Term Care
- Acute Care-Inpatients
- Family Health Teams
- Family Health Network
- Solo / Group Practice
- Flexible Call
- Emergency- 14,000 visits annually
- Additional incentives available through the Northern and Rural Recruitment and Retention Initiatives, which provides up to $101,000 paid over 4 years.
- Physicians deciding to practice within the North Hastings Family Health Team are eligible for additional incentives.
- Quinte Health Care North Hastings site, is located in the beautiful town of Bancroft in a Health Care Campus which also includes a 110 bed Long Term Care Facility, a Satellite Dialysis Clinic, Public Health office, CCAC on site, as well as other Community Care North Hastings in the building.
- QHC North Hastings offers flexible scheduling for Emergency Shifts, the ability for Physicians to manage their own inpatients, the opportunity to educate/mentor Medical Students from Queens University or the University of Ottawa, educational opportunities offered on site (ACLS, PALS etc) as well as a highly trained and skilled group of nurses and support staff.
- In return for a five-year commitment to practice, qualified medical graduates may be eligible for a financial support package of $150,000, plus other incentives. Under the terms of the program, new family doctors may receive $25,000/year for five years (total of $150,000) upon signing an agreement to operate their family medical practice in North Hastings.
Quinte Health CareNorth Hastings Hospital is part of Quinte Health Care (QHC), which is a multi-site hospital. Quinte Health Care North Hastings is a rural acute care hospital that has eight inpatient beds. Tertiary care centres are located in Kingston, Toronto and Oshawa. Local secondary level hospitals in Peterborough and Belleville offer excellent support to QHC North Hastings.
Please contact: Bree Ricketts-Gaber
265 Dundas St. E, Belleville, ON, K8N 5A9
p: 613-969-7400 or 1-800-483-2811 x 2600 f: 613-969-1451
Tammy Davis Site Manager
1 H Manor Lane Box 157
Bancroft, K0L 1C0
613-332-2825 ext 6232 f:613-332-3847