Emergency Department - Bancroft
Physician Opportunities Emergency Department
Quinte Health Care North Hastings HospitalQuinte Health Care (QHC) is a multi-site hospital that provides primary and secondary services to a population of 150,000 in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties. North Hastings offers care to the residents of Bancroft and surrounding areas of North Hastings. Bancroft is the major economic centre for the northern half of Hastings County. The town of Bancroft has a permanent population of 3,500, although it can draw over 40,000 residents in the busy summer months and it services a catchment area of 13,000 year round. Bancroft is situated along highway 62 (approximately 2.5 hours from Ottawa and Toronto). Bancroft and the surrounding area of North Hastings is an amazing four season’s playground!
To learn more about the community please visit: http://www.north-hastings.com/.
OpportunitiesPhysicians can enjoy comprehensive ER medicine in a rural setting. The North Hastings ER department has over 14,000 visits annually. A variety of payment options are available for either full-time or part-time work.
- Additional incentives available through the Northern and Rural Recruitment and Retention Initiatives, which provides up to $101,000 paid over 4 years.
- Physicians deciding to practice within the North Hastings Family Health Team are eligible for additional incentives.
- Quinte Health Care North Hastings Hospital, is located in the beautiful town of Bancroft on a Health Care Campus which also includes a 110 bed Long Term Care Facility, a Satellite Dialysis Clinic, Public Health office, CCAC on site, as well as Community Care North Hastings in the building.
- QHC North Hastings offers flexible scheduling for Emergency Shifts, the ability for Physicians to manage their own inpatients, the opportunity to educate/mentor Medical Students from Queens University or the University of Ottawa, educational opportunities offered on site (ACLS, PALS etc) as well as a highly trained and skilled group of nurses and support staff.
Interested in Locum Opportunities?
- North Hastings is now part of the Rural Family Medicine Locum Program which entitles locums to travel reimbursement, daily stipends, and physician premiums. Please inquire for specific information.
Our commitment to personal attention will make you feel truly welcome in North Hastings.
Interested candidates please contact:
p: 613-332-2825 or 1-800-483-2811 x 2600
613 332-2825 x 6232