Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Response ProgramDVSARP is a team of specially trained nurses that responds 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all four QHC hospital sites Belleville, Trenton, North Hastings and Picton. We work closely with our community partners to increase awareness and provide information about sexual assault and domestic violence.
Our team is sensitive and supportive while offering comprehensive acute health care to victims of violence and their families.
- Prophylactic medication for sexually transmitted infections
- HIV Risk Assessment and prophylactic medication if needed
- Plan B for possible pregnancy
- Option of gathering forensic evidence using the Sexual Assault Evidence Kit
- Health record documentation
- Photography of injuries
- Police involvement if the victim chooses*
- Follow-up medical care including paediatric non-acute clinic
- Community referrals
You can refer a patient to our program at any time, even if the violence was in the past. We can make sure that she or he has the information in the community to be linked up to the appropriate services.
613-969-7400 or 613-332-2825 ext 5024
More information available through our brochure.
More information is also available on the Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres web site.
* The legislation under the Child and Family Services Act states that each professional with a suspicion of assault/ abuse, witnessing violence or neglect of a child under the age of 16 has a duty to report to Children's Aid Society directly.