Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Program (DVSARP) @ QHC
DVSARP is a team of specially trained nurses that responds 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all four QHC hospital sites Belleville, Trenton, North Hastings and Picton. We work closely with our community partners to increase awareness and provide information about sexual assault and domestic violence.
Our team is sensitive and supportive while offering comprehensive acute health care to victims of violence and their families by:
- Assess for STIs, HIV risk, pregnancy and offer prophylactic medications
- Medical Follow up care
- Non-acute Pediatric Sexual Assault clinic
- Document injuries on health record
- Photograph injuries
- Facilitate communication between Police/ Children’s Aid Society* when applicable
- Offer, Collect and store Sexual Assault evidence kit
- Anonymous third party reporting
- Community referrals
- Transportation assistance where appropriate
Remember: It is YOUR choice. You may decide to use any or all of our services. We are here to help you understand your options and support YOUR decisions
You can refer a patient to our program at any time, even if the violence was in the past. We can make sure that she or he has the information in the community to be linked up to the appropriate services.
Program Manager: RuthAnn Hubbs: 1 (613) 969-7400 ex 5532
Nurse Clinician: 1 (613) 969-7400 ex 5024
Follow up Nurse: Rachael Fraser: 1 (613) 969-7400 ex 5025
If you or someone you know is requiring immediate treatment, please present to any of Quinte Health Care’s Emergency Departments.
- Alternatives for women http://www.alternativesforwomen.org/
- 3 Oaks http://www.threeoaksshelterandservices.ca/
- Red Cedars http://www.mbq-tmt.org/administration-and-services/community-wellbeing/red-cedars-shelter
- Sexual Assault Center of Quinte District https://sacqd.com/
- Maggies Resource Center http://maggiesresource.com/
- Victims Services http://www.victimservicesquinte.ca/
- Edith Fox Life and Loss Center http://www.edithfoxcentre.org/
- Military Family Resource Center https://trentonmfrc.ca/
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Treatment Centers: http://www.satcontario.com/en/view.php?key=34&lang=en
- Quinte United Immigration Services: http://www.quis-immigration.org/
- Community Advocacy and Legal Center : http://www.communitylegalcentre.ca/
- Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General : http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/
*The legislation under the Child and Family Services Act states that each professional with a suspicion of assault/ abuse, witnessing violence or neglect of a child under the age of 16 has a duty to report to Children's Aid Society directly.