Cardiology Technician 3 – Temporary Part Time
Quinte Health Care is an integrated system of four hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care to the people of our communities. QHC is located in south/central Ontario covering Belleville, Trenton, Picton and Bancroft.
The Quinte region boasts of an unsurpassed quality of life with exemplary features and services readily available to residents. Local theatre, expansive shopping and restaurants, well developed recreation centres, picturesque waterfront with affordable homes set in a safe community. Growing economic development for job seekers outside of health services. High standard of education through local college, close proximity to a well-recognized university, and private schooling. An easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal.
QHC embodies our core vision and values with commitment to exceptional and compassionate care. We will be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. Our strategic direction is to enhance the quality and safety of care. Create an exceptional patient experience. Provide effective care transitions and be an exceptional workplace.
· Successful completion of a recognized course in Cardiovascular Technology.
· A member in good standing with the Canadian Society of Cardiovascular Technology (CSCT) and/or the Ontario Society of Cardiovascular Technology (OSCT)
· Six months clinical experience within the last 12 month period.
· Current BLS certification
· Must be able to accept direction and work with minimum supervision.
· Must have satisfactory work performance in present position.
· Must have proven good attendance record.
· Must be able to travel amongst all QHC facilities.
· Three months clinical experience within a hospital setting within the last twelve month period.
· Previous experience with Holter monitoring, event recording and cardiac exercise stress testing.
· Perform adult and pediatric electrocardiographs (ECG). Setup Holter monitors and event recorders on both inpatients and outpatients.
· Register patient and exam in Meditech. Complete patient exam logbook and handle patient files.
· Ensure patient appointments are handled in a prompt and efficient manner.
· Maintain equipment and supply levels.
· Participate in QA activities related to department.
· Sanitize work area.
· Liaise with physicians, hospital staff and others where applicable and appropriate regarding test results.
· Other duties as assigned.
**For a full position summary please refer to www.qhc.on.ca**
Interested candidates, please submit your resume to:
Quinte Health Care – Human Resources
265 Dundas St. East, Belleville, ON K8N 5A9
Reference # TM13-099
E:mail firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 613-969-1451 Website: http://www.qhc.on.ca/
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.