What we do:
- Operate Volunteer Services within the hospital in support of patients, families and staff.
- Operate revenue generating businesses inside the hospital to serve staff and visitors, and raise money for the hospital.
- Operate a revenue generating thrift shop downtown Belleville in Market Square called "The Opportunity Shop". Proceeds support the hospital.
- Hold a number of special events each year.
The BGH Auxiliary is fortunate to have a tremendous scope of volunteer engagement. With over 300 members, our dedicated volunteers contribute well over 30,000 volunteer hours each year in support of the hospital. It truly is "Time Well Spent." Join our team!
For more information, contact the Belleville General Hospital Auxiliary Volunteer Services office at 969-7400, ext. 2297.
- Click here to view the latest BGHA Bulletin Newsletter!
- Click here for a list of the current BGH Auxiliary Board of Directors!
- BGH Auxiliary Organization Chart
For decades, the Belleville General Hospital Auxiliary has supported patients, visitors and staff. The Auxiliary not only operates over 20 volunteer programs, but they also raise an impressive amount of money each year to aid in the purchase of much-needed medical equipment.
The Women's Hospital Auxiliary was organized April 28, 1938, at a meeting held in City Hall Council Chambers. In October of 1974, the name was changed to the Belleville Hospital Auxiliary to reflect the inclusion of men as volunteers.
BGH Auxiliary provides a variety of volunteer services for the patients and staff of Quinte Health Care. Fundraising projects are designed to augment the equipment fund of QHC, Belleville General Hospital.
Click here for By-Law No. 2 of Belleville General Hospital Auxiliary.The Belleville General Hospital Auxiliary Inc. provides a variety of volunteer services for the clients and staff of Quinte Health Care Belleville General Hospital, and for the community. It's fundraising projects are designed to augment the equipment fund of QHC Belleville General Hospital. Contact us at 613-969-7400 ext. 2297 or firstname.lastname@example.org.